One of the best ways to solder aluminum is with the TIG welder that runs on AC power. On leading machines such as the Lincoln Squarewave 200 and the Miller Diversion 180, you will find some of the best prices! These TIG welders offer clean beginnings, smooth arcs, and easy-to-use configurations, and a number of other features. Here’s a brief overview of the TIG aluminum welding machinery and how it can help you achieve the job.
|2018 AHP AlphaTIG 200X 200 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder...||510 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Lincoln Electric Square Wave TIG 200 TIG Welder, K5126-1||117 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Forney 322 140-Amp MIG/Stick/TIG Multi-Process Welder,...||17 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|MTS-205 205 Amp MIG/TIG-Torch/Stick Arc Combo Welder, Weld...||142 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder 115V||1,097 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
Best TIG Welder For Aluminum
Alpha-TIG200X Aluminum TIG Welder
The amazing 2018 alpha-TIG200X is our first choice of TIG welders for welding aluminum. You look at a machine that enables the user to use the latest inverter technology easily in the welding of thin materials. Compared to other similar products, the product is very cost-effective and it is one of the few products that any welder – professionally or beginner – can literally utilize.
This AHP model will help you successfully complete your projects, whether you want to solder steel or aluminum. The manufacturer improved the product very recently and added an IGBT technology that allows you to easily convert to high voltage and control every functional parameter.
The Alpha TIG 200X also measures just 28 lbs., making it easy to use and portable. They added a handle that helps you move around and control the process for increased flexibility and convenience. The control panel on this machine contains knobs and rows that help to manage the settings instead of standard controls with buttons.
- Listing for 2021 203XI MODEL with Fully Controlled LCD Screen WILL BE SHIPPED . 200 HZ on PULSE and AC FREQ, NEW TORCH, 3 YEAR Warranty
- will do 1/4" aluminum and 3/8" mild stee and 110/220 volts and is capable of welding 7018, 6013
- Advanced Inverter Technology with PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Using IGBT technology
- quality TIG welding on aluminum, stainless or steel and precise welding of thinner-gauge materials
- unit features HF start tig and includes a foot pedal for great tig welding control and Operation
Lincoln Electric 200 AC/DC TIG Welder
TIG 200 is a 200 amp portable TIG welder for hobby, craft, art, and manufacturers. Lincoln Electric Square Wave Tig 200. It is easy to use as expertise grows for beginners with advanced features.
This is an AC and DC machine, which welds up to 3/16 inches of 24-sheet size. The AC TIG process on this machine is equipped with a pulse signal system for smooth filler metal deposition, which provides better work. The pulse modulation allows the welding puddle to be cleaned. It also has adjustable bead width AC frequency.
A convenient machine for use anywhere is a simple settings interface, 40 percent duty cycle, and a dual input voltage of 120/240. This welder is guaranteed by Lincoln Electric for 3 years. Some reports of that solderer fail without much use in the shop, and a good guarantee gives a little tranquility.
A foot pedal, a flow meter gas regulator, a tig torch, and a 10-foot tubing are provided with the Squarewave TIG 200.
- Advanced features yet easy to use
- A great TIG machine for aluminum
- TIG and stick from one power source
- Take it Everywhere, Plug in Anywhere.
Forney 322 Multi-Process Welder
The Forney 322 is a versatile and affordable welder widely regarded as the best starting welder. This welder is appropriate for the whole range of processes, including TIG, MIG, Stick, and Flow Core. Apparently, it is also extremely easy to set up and use the Forney 322 for a wide variety of applications.
This 140-amp amp welder provides unbelievable money value. It is equipped with an input voltage of 120 volts and is ideal for general maintenance, light repairs, automotive use, and domestic projects. The Forney 322 can be controlled by a spool, a TIG torch, and a foot pedal.
Most casual welders that use the Forney 322 for some time regarding this as a high-end welder for domestic and light industrial applications. One disadvantage is that this is not a welder specializing in TIG applications, but it just means that in terms of metal type and thickness you are not limited.
- Processes include MIG (Gas), Flux Cored (No Gas), Stick and TIG
- Flowmeter and gas hose included
- Acceptable Electrode Diameters are up to 3/32" and some 1/8"
- Comes with Stick and MIG set-up
- Spool gun, Tig Torch, Foot Pedal sold separately
MTS-205 205 Amp Arc Combo Welder
In comparison with others, Amico is rather a less known brand of TIG welders. And this one is a DC-only TIG welder, contrary to the other options in this article.
It is a DC-only TIG welder for aluminum, as mentioned before. It works even with 1⁄2″ aluminum alloys without any problems since it’s a 205-amp TIG welder. With either 110 volts or 230 volts of electricity according to your needs, you can use this welder. Although you only get a one-year guarantee because it’s a smaller brand.
It comes with several useful features, such as automatic voltage fluctuation compensation. In case of an unsuitable electricity supply, this protects the TIG welder.
- MTS-205 integrates the most innovative design structure and technology, featuring all the functions of every welding machine: MIG, MAG, Flux core, Lift TIG, Stick and Spool gun (which can weld aluminum). It can perfectly weld all conductive metals: aluminum, aluminum alloy, stainless steel, alloy steel, carbon steel, steel, cast iron, iron and copper; all up to around 1/2 inch. The MTS-205 is the most efficient machine for every task.
- The MTS-205 uses a high-quality wire feeder to ensure smooth and stable wire feeding. When using MIG/MAG/Flux-core welding, it is very easy to adjust the welding current and wire-feeding speed. The output is easily adjustable according to the thickness, and polarity is easily altered according to the wire type. Even beginners can complete any task efficiently and easily with this machine.
- MTS-205 is designed with an intelligent power supply system. It can automatically detect the input voltage and easily switch between 110V and 230V. Extending the power cord by 700 feet can also resist cable attenuation and still allow the machine to work normally. It is very suitable for operations on construction sites, house maintenance, docks, and even agricultural sites.
- MTS-205 is designed and manufactured according to the highest production standards. You can use 2 pound and 10 pound spools. The ergonomic design and lightweight model make the machine very easy to carry. It has a variety of safety protection functions: automatic voltage compensation, over-heat protection, over-current protection, over-load protection, short circuit protection, etc.
- The MTS-205 creates very clear welding wire melted droplets, making it easy to transfer. The fast, precise, and clean arc ignition and arc termination make this machine a reliable and effective tool for industrial manufacturing, car modification, professional repairs, and home maintenance. The automatic temperature control function makes the machine run very quietly, and all accessories and interfaces are according to American standards.
Hobart 500551 EZ-TIG Welder
You may consider whether or not to buy this product because of the relatively increased price if you are looking to turn welding aluminum into a hobby. But it’s definitely not the most costly product on the market and unusually good for the price.
The EZ-TIG is known as this particular model. Even beginner solderers are efficient and available and offer rapid installation in addition to other good features. Its weight is near twice our top choice, but still very portable (50lbs). The portability is greatly improved thanks to the handle on the top.
Every machine control is designed to make things simpler. All functions can be controlled with a single dial and a switch that is clearly labeled for all to read. It’s the perfect part for new solderers.
The EZ-TIG has an HF start feature and an arc start without contact to avoid contamination. It uses an inverter power supply, which helps to solder and saves you money on power otherwise. You can use the foot control function to adjust the amperage.
- 5-position voltage control selector adds a smooth, stable arc at all welding thicknesses
- Welds 24 gauge up to 1/4 in mild steel; Weldable Materials: Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminum
- Welding Processes: MIG(GMAW), Flux Cored(FCAW)
- Operates off 115V standard household current; Wire Feed Speed Range 40-700 IPM, 50-740 IPM at no load
- Welding Amperage Range: 25-140 A; 20% duty cycle @ 90 Amps, 19V
A TIG welder needs more expertise than a TIG welder since there are three things you have to control: the filler rod, the torch, and the pedal. However, this enables much more heat input control, as these elements can be adapted to achieve specific results.